Monday 18 June 2012

five go mad in Dorset :)


 .....back from our jollies....what a week we had....it's no secret that the Mr and I hanker after a different life....one with less pavements and more green...the sea....the sound of the waves and birds chirping and....oh sorry I got a bit carried away there, so when we arrived in Dorset we felt right at home :)


we fell in love with the place, the people....the vintage markets.... the choppy sea...the shops...


so despite the very unpredictable weather we spent a very happy 7 days noodling around cute towns...venturing into the cold sea...eating fish and chips on the sea front...chugging up steep hills....chugging down steep hills....catching crabs and shrimps....


...discovering hidden paths like this one ....

finding treasures like these...

we nearly had to leave someone behind to fit this lot in the car!

 one of our favourite spots was Lyme Regis... the boys found a book shop that sold vintage comics so they spent many hours in there spending their pocket money on whizzer and chips and old dandy comics.... while I perused my favourite shop



...any shop with a tea trolley filled with retro goodies like this has to be good...inside was even better...


...and theres more...


not only that but Caroline the owner was so lovely and a girl after my own heart as we chatted we discovered a mutual fondness for Frank Sidebottom and New Order :) .....so I made a few purchases one of which was this fab T Towel which is now framed and hanging on my wall at home to remind me of that happy holiday :)


so its back to school now and I'm heading back into the shed this afternoon to finish up my owls and patchy blankets...ready for a shop update later this week..

the sun has come out and I have 4 piles of  wet washing !! hurray 

have a lovely week 

x x x x x x
forgot to add the Tea Towel is by Blossom and Bill and my boys giggle every time they walk in the room and see it x x x 

No comments:

Post a Comment