Friday 3 February 2012

Favorites: Face Makeup

After trying many products from various brands, I have come to find a lot of my all-time favorite must-haves! I will do one post for each category so that I can give descriptions and pictures. Part 1- Face Makeup!

LIQUID FOUNDATION:

-MAC Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation

Over Thanksgiving break when I was home, I couldn't help it but to take a visit into the MAC store. I had actually gone in to look at and try out some of the Winter Collection products. Well, long story short, I ended up spending almost an hour in the store and got all of my makeup done by one of the artists! Not only did I buy some eye shadows from the Winter Collection, but foundation and a few other products that she used on me (I'm easily convinced when it comes to shopping..such a dangerous habit).
This is by far my favorite liquid foundation..ever. I have the Makeup Forever HD liquid foundation but I feel that the coverage doesn't last nearly as long as this one (it is HD after all). This also has SPF 15 which is always a plus, especially in this strong Florida sun that shines all year long! It blends and matches my skin tone PERFECTLY. Just to give you a reference for those of you who know me, my shade is 1.5. For those of you who don't, I have what they would probably call a "medium beige" skin tone, depending on the time of the year/how tan I am. Last, since there is not a lid at the pump, it has a lock...which I have come to love and prefer! No more worrying about where the cap went, just lock and put it away- no mess.

POWDER FOUNDATION:

-Make Up For Ever Duo Mat Powder Foundation

I have become completely hooked on powder foundations. Not only are they perfect and easy for on-the-go, but surprisingly have great coverage too. I have also used the MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation, but I must say I like this one better. It's a little bit more creamy/smooth, but still lightweight, and has a better applicator (if you choose to use it). I also like the packaging better, whereas my Studio Fix packaging broke pretty easily (the part where you open it). This is the best one I have ever found, and I would choose it over Bare Minerals any day (it's not messy!).

BRONZER:

- Too Faced Caribbean in a Compact- Sun Bunny

First of all, this bronzer has lasted me FOREVER. I haven't tried many other bronzers since this one lasts so long. Odd thing though is they changed the packaging since I bought it to the usual Too Faced packaging. Mine is the same brown packaging as...

....strange. Anyways....I think it's the perfect bronze shade that would work for all types of skin tones. It's a buildable bronzer so if you are more fair-skinned, one swipe on each cheek bone would probably do the trick.
Side note: The description for this bronzer is quite humorous...
"Dust yourself with this naturally naughty, perfectly tan-like bronzer. Enjoy year round bronzed perfection with the most natural and skin perfecting glow this side of the Caribbean. The silky golden warmth combined with a pink under toned bronze mimics a natural tan with out any of the orangey ick! So save your skin and stop harassing your travel agent, and fake your bake like a Hollywood Starlet!"
....I'd love to have that job to write descriptions of products like this! HA!

BLUSH:

-NARS blush- Orgasm

This cult favorite came as no surprise to me when I first tried it about three years ago. I got it as a duo with the laguna bronzer, and absolutely FELL IN LOVE. It is the perfect amount of shimmer and perfect peachy-pink shade that is for sure universally flattering. I have absolutely no complaints about this. Shade, pigmentation, shimmer, packaging, ....all perfection. Wouldn't expect anything less from NARS anyways.

-Tarte Amazonian Clay 12- Hour Blush

For all the times I want more of a baby pink matte blush, I go for the shade "Amused." It's super pigmented, and swatched, you'd probably think it was way too strong to look natural. So just remember, a little goes a LONG way with this one! I hope to get this blush in more shades soon :)

OTHER:

-Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil

I sometimes use Bare Minerals, but am not a huge fan just because it is loose powder and I feel like I am constantly tipping it over to get more product out. I'm more of a pressed powder foundation kind of girl, but I must admit I do like the Mineral Veil. It gives a great finish, even just over liquid foundation. It's a very sheer color too so if some happens to spill, it doesn't create a mess! I definitely think it keeps my makeup in place longer and evens out the hydration of my skin throughout the day.

-Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder

For those super hot days walking around a theme park, this is the product that saves me! In addition to Boscia Green Tea blotting sheets. This goes on sheer and is a wonderful mattifier! LOVE it.


*I did not post about concealers because I don't have issues with dark circles under my eyes or anything..so I typically don't use concealer. If I do, I just use the Sephora brand quad concealer...pretty basic.

*In terms of a highlight, I typically don't use anything because I don't want the extra shimmer/shine on my face. If I do, I typically use my Maybelline Champagne Fizz eyeshadow.....it works!

*Still on the search for a good primer! I'm currently using the Prime Time by Bare Minerals but I'm for some reason just not in love with it. In the mean time just trying to use it up before I buy another.

*Wanting to try: BB Creams, Cream Blush, Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation (gets amazing reviews from my Favorite Beauty Gurus - see post below).

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment